The pineapple diet represents a mono diet, giving you very fast results because it has a lot of restrictions. However, you cannot follow it for more than 5-6 days because it is not good for your health. You can do it occasionally in order to lose some weight quickly.
The pineapple includes some calories however its water content is high which has a diuretic effect. Due to its high fiber content, it is also good for the digestion enabling detoxification abilities and cleaning the body from the harmful substances that come from eating unhealthy food. It also has anti-inflammatory characteristics because of the bromelain.
Pros and Cons
The mono-diets have a bad reputation because of their restrictions, so let’s take a look at some pros first:
1. You can find and prepare the ingredients very easy.
2. You will quickly lose some pounds.
3. It also provides detoxification to our organism.
However, there are also some cons:
-Popular: Burn Up To 1 Pound Per Day With This Secret “CARB TRICK”
You are tired of starving, counting calories or killing yourself in the gym? You can’t achieve the desired weight although you are doing everything right?
A 40-year-old Sara Donovan drops 22 pounds in just 13 days with this “carb-pairing” trick, without dieting or exercise.
1. It is monotonous because there are only several ingredients used.
2. You have to be careful what to eat after it because you can gain weight again easily.
3. It is forbidden to use it for a long time because it increases the risk for kidney problems, heart issues, and muscle loss.
5-day Diet Plan
It is best to use fresh pineapple.
- Breakfast: 2-3 slices of pineapple, 1 cup low-fat yogurt, oatmeal
- Snack: 1 glass of pineapple juice, 1 slice of toasted rye bread, 1 boiled egg
- Lunch: A simple broth prepared with the vegetables of your choice, grilled fish or chicken
- Snack: 1 glass of pineapple juice, low-fat pineapple yogurt (or even better – you could just mix some finely chopped pineapple with plain yogurt)
- Dinner: Chicken and pineapple salad
You are also allowed to drink water and tea, however unsweetened, for example, the green tea and lemon water are recommended.
This diet is not harmful if you don’t have any health issues. It is important to follow the instruction for 5 days. Most of the meals do not need cooking, so you can make a bigger amount to have for a few days.
Regarding the physical activity, you cannot do a lot for a period of 5 days only. It is recommended to do it on a regular basis for all people, no matter if they are trying to lose weight or not. In that way, you will prevent the muscle loss.
The biggest worry is what you do after you finish this diet. You have to have a good self-control because you may overeat.