This recipe is a healthy one and most favorably really delicious. You will find so much flavor, however, it won’t take you a lot of work and effort. It is an excellent way for enjoying completely in the taste of the chili while having a healthy meal.
I love the food that we can get during fall and winter, it is so colorful. However, be careful because some of them are not that healthy and can lead to some extra pounds.
All of those things are really tasty, such as the cheese for example, although it includes carbs. However, this recipe for Healthy Turkey Chilli is really fantastic having only 500 calories. So start preparing it now!
In order to make it you will need around 40 minutes, 10 for the preparation and then half an hour for its cooking.
Read the things necessary:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 1 ounce packet Old El Paso taco seasoning Click for Homemade Recipe!
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup green pepper
- 1 4 ounce can Old El Paso green chiles, undrained
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 14 ounce can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup crushed red tomatoes
- 1/4 cup ketchup
For the garnish you will need the following:
- fresh chopped cilantro sour cream, Mexican blend cheese, jalapenos, or any of your favorite toppings
First, you need to heat 5 qt Dutch Oven on medium heat and include oil. After this include the turkey and stir while cooking. Add the taco seasoning and garlic and cook it for a while until it is not pink anymore.
Include the pepper and onions, and green chili, cook them until they get soften. Then stir in flour and continue to cook it until it starts to thicken a little. Then add the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, beans, crushed tomatoes, ketchup, and corn.
Mix everything together and leave it until it boils. After this let it simmer for around half an hour to 45min and stir from time to time. Then it is ready and you can serve it.