This diet is recommended from Pegah Jalali, MS, RD, CDN, who is a professor at New York University, works at the NYU Langone Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, and is also dietitian at Middleberg Nutrition, a New York City health and wellness practice.
She has used this kind of keto diet plan for children that fight with epilepsy, for people fighting with obesity, diabetes, cancer, dementia and PCOS.
However, this diet is very challenging and not everyone can experience its benefits. However, if you follow it properly in consultation with an expert you can be successful at it.
Take a look at this keto diet plan:
- Breakfast: Two eggs scrambled with two tablespoons of heavy cream, 1/2 cup of cooked spinach with one tablespoon of coconut oil. One cup of coffee with one tablespoon of butter and dash of cinnamon.
- Mid-morning snack: Six macadamia nuts with six raspberries
- Lunch: Tuna salad (tuna with mayo, plus salt and pepper) in romaine lettuce
- Afternoon snack: One-half avocado sprinkled with flaxseed meal
- Dinner: Pecan crusted salmon with one-quarter cup of cauliflower creamed with two tablespoons of heavy cream
- Breakfast: Chia seed pudding made with full-fat coconut cream
- Mid-morning snack: Pork rinds
- Lunch: Flaxseed crusted chicken tenders with one-half cup of roasted broccoli (add one to two tablespoons of butter)
- Afternoon snack: Seaweed snacks
- Dinner: Cauliflower crust pizza with mozzarella and bacon
According to Jalali, this kind of diet includes 65-85 percent fat, 15-25 percent protein and about 5 percent carbohydrates.
She recommends focusing on the protein and fat because you are limited regarding the carbohydrates. You should also try to reduce the carbohydrates but at the same time increase the fat.
It is also suggested to take some kind of supplements, for example, some vitamins, calcium, selenium or zinc.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: BEDTIME FAT BURNING DRINK
Some tips for the keto diet:
Check your blood in order to be sure that you have the right amount of nutrients and vitamins. It is also best to consult with a professional in order to advise you and avoid the possible side effects.
Make a plan for your meals, especially if you are on the move constantly. Take something with you like a can of tuna or avocado.
If you are going to someone’s house don’t feel ashamed to ask about the food and bring something on your own if you have to.
Combine the food in order to get more variations.