This is one different zucchini lasagna recipe to get away from the ordinary lasagna, it is low in carbs and keto-friendly, so you should try this easy zucchini lasagna with ground meat.
You replace the wheat-based lasagna noodles with thin zucchini slices, however, usually, the taste is due to the sauce you include so this change will not change their taste that much.
For this meal you will need to prepare for around 20 minutes, the cooking will last around 1h and 5 minutes, and then they will cool down for another 15 minutes and the serving will be for 4 persons. The total calories are 430 kcal.
How to make this zucchini lasagna recipe
Things you will need:
- 20 ounces zucchini (about 2 large or 3 medium, peeling is unnecessary)
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef (95% lean is ideal, no less than 90% to avoid a greasy wet dish)
- 15 ounces canned unsalted tomato sauce (check the ingredients label to make sure no salt is listed)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (about 1 small onion)
- 1 1/2 cups (5oz) shredded mozzarella cheese (I use low moisture part-skim)
- 1/2 cup (2.2oz) finely grated parmesan cheese (should be powder-like, finer than sand)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
Preparation of the sauce:
- First, you need to heat one pot and also include olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Then add the onions and cook them in order to get soft.
- After that include the ground beef to the pan. Break it apart as it is cooking and cook until it changes its color or that is around 5 minutes.
- Include the tomato sauce and stir well. Let it simmer and then start to lower the heat gradually. Simmer for about 10 minutes and stir from time to time. You should get a thick sauce.
- In the end include the oregano, salt, and cayenne. Mix everything good and it is ready.
Preparation of the lasagna:
First, you need to preheat the oven to 375 and take one baking dish.
Take the zucchini, and cut off both ends. Put the zucchini vertically and then cut slices along its length into 1/8 – 1/4 inch thick strips, don’t worry if the slices are not equal.
Then put one-third of the zucchini slices on the bottom of the baking dish and they should be little overlapping. Then add above them half of the meat sauce and also spread 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese on top of that.
Then add another zucchini layer, then the meat sauce layer again and cheese layer at the end.
Then top again using the remaining zucchini slices at the end. Add the other half cup of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese on top of the zucchini.
Bake this until it has a golden brown color, or that is around 45 minutes. Let it cool and your zucchini lasagna recipe is ready, enjoy!
-Popular: Burn Up To 1 Pound Per Day With This Secret “CARB TRICK”
You are tired of starving, counting calories or killing yourself in the gym? You can’t achieve the desired weight although you are doing everything right?
A 40-year-old Sara Donovan drops 22 pounds in just 13 days with this “carb-pairing” trick, without dieting or exercise.